Lumaktaw sa nilalaman

Guidebook for Roma

RomeSweetRoom
RomeSweetRoom
Sumali sa 2016
RomeSweetRoom

Guidebook for Roma

Food Scene
La Locanda del Prosciutto CULINARY EXCELLENCE NEAR THE PANTHEON
Via del Gesù, 81
81 Via del Gesù
La Locanda del Prosciutto CULINARY EXCELLENCE NEAR THE PANTHEON
Roscioli is a meeting point every time you come to Rome. I love this bakery and I love the simplicity of the products it sells. There is more than one person behind the counter, but to serve me is always the same lady, kind and very good seller, would be able to let you taste everything with his way of doing. For short stays in Rome. The shop windows are a delight, as well as products. I love this pizza, especially thin. Note on the red pizza, as simple as it is exquisite.
61
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
Antico Forno Roscioli
34 Via dei Chiavari
61
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
Roscioli is a meeting point every time you come to Rome. I love this bakery and I love the simplicity of the products it sells. There is more than one person behind the counter, but to serve me is always the same lady, kind and very good seller, would be able to let you taste everything with his way of doing. For short stays in Rome. The shop windows are a delight, as well as products. I love this pizza, especially thin. Note on the red pizza, as simple as it is exquisite.
Sightseeing
The Pantheon is a building of ancient Rome located in Pigna district in the Old Town, built as a temple to all the gods past, present and future. It was founded in 27 BC by Agrippa, son of Augustus.
292
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
Pantheon
292
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
The Pantheon is a building of ancient Rome located in Pigna district in the Old Town, built as a temple to all the gods past, present and future. It was founded in 27 BC by Agrippa, son of Augustus.
Palazzo Farnese, one of the most beautiful Renaissance palaces of Rome was started in 1514 by Antonio Sangallo, continued by Michelangelo and completed by Giacomo della Porta. PALAZZO FARNESE - The Palace belonged to one of the most famous families of Renaissance Rome and today is home of the French embassy. To make the visit should book early, 1 to 4 months before depending on the season and number of people, the tours are only in French or in Italian. Therefore, are not allowed interpreters for other languages. The tours are free and conducted exclusively by the guide of the Embassy. Reservations can be both individual and for groups of up to 20 people. For the same organization (cultural association, university and / or person) is granted one visit per year. For the tour it is important to have a valid ID (no photocopies). Photographs and films are not allowed and bags and bulky items are not allowed (neither custody nor wardrobe).
15
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
Palazzo Farnese
67 Piazza Farnese
15
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
Palazzo Farnese, one of the most beautiful Renaissance palaces of Rome was started in 1514 by Antonio Sangallo, continued by Michelangelo and completed by Giacomo della Porta. PALAZZO FARNESE - The Palace belonged to one of the most famous families of Renaissance Rome and today is home of the French embassy. To make the visit should book early, 1 to 4 months before depending on the season and number of people, the tours are only in French or in Italian. Therefore, are not allowed interpreters for other languages. The tours are free and conducted exclusively by the guide of the Embassy. Reservations can be both individual and for groups of up to 20 people. For the same organization (cultural association, university and / or person) is granted one visit per year. For the tour it is important to have a valid ID (no photocopies). Photographs and films are not allowed and bags and bulky items are not allowed (neither custody nor wardrobe).
One of the spectacular and typical urban complexes of Baroque Rome. The buildings built on the ruins of the Domitian stadium – of which the square preserves its shape and dimensions – mark its boundary. Festivals, races and jousts took place through the centuries in the square. Since the 17th century until mid-19th century, on Saturdays and Sundays of August the square, at the time with a hollow ground, was partially flooded and naumachias took place here. Today, during the Epiphany, there is a market selling crib figurines, games and sweets. Three fountains decorate the square: the Fontana del Moro, so called for the statue of the Moor fighting a dolphin; the Fontana dei Fiumi, one of the most beautiful and fanciful works by Bernini; the Fontana de' Calderari, aka the Fontana del Nettuno. Opposite the Fontana dei Fiumi is the Church of Sant'Agnese in Agone, began by Carlo and Girolamo Rainaldi during the age of pope Innocent X and completed by Borromini who changed it deeply and made of it a masterpiece. Next to the Church is Palazzo Pamphili, a work by Girolamo Rainaldi, since 1960 seat of the Brazilian embassy. Opposite the palazzo is the church of Nostra Signora del Sacro Cuore already San Giacomo degli Spagnoli, built for the Jubilee of the year 1450.
344
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
Piazza Navona
344
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
One of the spectacular and typical urban complexes of Baroque Rome. The buildings built on the ruins of the Domitian stadium – of which the square preserves its shape and dimensions – mark its boundary. Festivals, races and jousts took place through the centuries in the square. Since the 17th century until mid-19th century, on Saturdays and Sundays of August the square, at the time with a hollow ground, was partially flooded and naumachias took place here. Today, during the Epiphany, there is a market selling crib figurines, games and sweets. Three fountains decorate the square: the Fontana del Moro, so called for the statue of the Moor fighting a dolphin; the Fontana dei Fiumi, one of the most beautiful and fanciful works by Bernini; the Fontana de' Calderari, aka the Fontana del Nettuno. Opposite the Fontana dei Fiumi is the Church of Sant'Agnese in Agone, began by Carlo and Girolamo Rainaldi during the age of pope Innocent X and completed by Borromini who changed it deeply and made of it a masterpiece. Next to the Church is Palazzo Pamphili, a work by Girolamo Rainaldi, since 1960 seat of the Brazilian embassy. Opposite the palazzo is the church of Nostra Signora del Sacro Cuore already San Giacomo degli Spagnoli, built for the Jubilee of the year 1450.
Once a simple meadow, today is a square and one of the most characteristic places of the city. A jewel among jewels, piazza Campo de' Fiori is placed between piazza Navona and piazza Farnese and is the typical scenario of old Rome. The picturesque market that lives up the square is very typical of the city. It was moved here from piazza Navona in 1869, and it owes its name to a wonderful field full of flowers, a pasture for animals until the 15th century. The market has still wooden stands and the umbrellas protect the products from any weather. In 1440 the square was paved and around it were built many inns and hotels for pilgrims. This is why the image is almost unchanged compared to Alinari’s pictures of the 19th century. In the middle of the square is the 19th century statue of the philosopher Giordano Bruno, sent to the stake in 1600 because he was considered an heretic. Campo de' Fiori is an example of continuity between ancient and present Rome.
254
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
Campo de' Fiori
254
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
Once a simple meadow, today is a square and one of the most characteristic places of the city. A jewel among jewels, piazza Campo de' Fiori is placed between piazza Navona and piazza Farnese and is the typical scenario of old Rome. The picturesque market that lives up the square is very typical of the city. It was moved here from piazza Navona in 1869, and it owes its name to a wonderful field full of flowers, a pasture for animals until the 15th century. The market has still wooden stands and the umbrellas protect the products from any weather. In 1440 the square was paved and around it were built many inns and hotels for pilgrims. This is why the image is almost unchanged compared to Alinari’s pictures of the 19th century. In the middle of the square is the 19th century statue of the philosopher Giordano Bruno, sent to the stake in 1600 because he was considered an heretic. Campo de' Fiori is an example of continuity between ancient and present Rome.
During the restoration work carried out by Rome’s City Council in the years 1978-82, in a group of houses centring around the 16th century Specchi Palace and near the church of San Paolo alla Regola, there came to light some still well-preserved structures belonging to buildings of the Ancient Roman and Medieval age. The Roman structures are four storeys high, two storeys being below today’s street level. These belonged to a warehousing complex, probably the Horrea Vespasiani, dating back to the reign of Emperor Domitian (81-96 AD), and linked to the river port and trading activities conducted on the Tiber. Two brickwork chambers and two rooms with mosaic paving are still visible. The warehouses were situated on roads alongside the Tiber and sloping down towards the river. In the reign of Septimius Severus (early 3rd century AD) there was a restructuring of the whole complex and new stores, large halls and homes were built that raised the structures up to four storeys high. In the 12th century, a tower-house was built on top of the Roman age structures and is still visible today behind the Specchi Palace.
Via di S. Paolo alla Regola, 16
16 Via di S. Paolo alla Regola
During the restoration work carried out by Rome’s City Council in the years 1978-82, in a group of houses centring around the 16th century Specchi Palace and near the church of San Paolo alla Regola, there came to light some still well-preserved structures belonging to buildings of the Ancient Roman and Medieval age. The Roman structures are four storeys high, two storeys being below today’s street level. These belonged to a warehousing complex, probably the Horrea Vespasiani, dating back to the reign of Emperor Domitian (81-96 AD), and linked to the river port and trading activities conducted on the Tiber. Two brickwork chambers and two rooms with mosaic paving are still visible. The warehouses were situated on roads alongside the Tiber and sloping down towards the river. In the reign of Septimius Severus (early 3rd century AD) there was a restructuring of the whole complex and new stores, large halls and homes were built that raised the structures up to four storeys high. In the 12th century, a tower-house was built on top of the Roman age structures and is still visible today behind the Specchi Palace.
Arts & Culture
The Museum of Rome was inaugurated in 1930 and was first located in the former Pantanella Pasta Factory near the Church of Santa Maria in Cosmedin. In 1952 it was moved to the eighteenth century Palazzo Braschi, former seat of the Fascist Federation of Rome. The collections of the museum consist of 40,000 pieces that document the different moments of the life, work, and customs of the city of Rome from the Middle Ages up to our days. Sculptures and paintings, many of which representing feasts, ceremonies, and various historical events are exhibited, in addition to sixteenth century and Medieval mosaics, frescoes, and ceramics, discovered during the excavations and demolitions that affected the city. It also includes the De Sanctis collection and the complete series of casts by Pietro Tenerani, a well-known sculpture of the past century.The following works deserve to be mentioned: the Carousel in honor of Christine of Sweden by Filippo Lauri and Filippo Gagliardi; the Feast of the Saracen at Piazza Navona by Andrea Sacchi; St. Camillo de' Lellis by Pierre Subleyras; the Portrait of Pious the Fourth by Pompeo Batoni; the Self-portrait by Antonio Canova; the Baptism of Christ by Francesco Mochi. The collection of the museum comprises the Municipal Cabinet of Prints and the Photographic Archive, they are largerly digital and can be consulted via multimedia stations.
13
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
Museo di Roma - Palazzo Braschi
10 Piazza di S. Pantaleo
13
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
The Museum of Rome was inaugurated in 1930 and was first located in the former Pantanella Pasta Factory near the Church of Santa Maria in Cosmedin. In 1952 it was moved to the eighteenth century Palazzo Braschi, former seat of the Fascist Federation of Rome. The collections of the museum consist of 40,000 pieces that document the different moments of the life, work, and customs of the city of Rome from the Middle Ages up to our days. Sculptures and paintings, many of which representing feasts, ceremonies, and various historical events are exhibited, in addition to sixteenth century and Medieval mosaics, frescoes, and ceramics, discovered during the excavations and demolitions that affected the city. It also includes the De Sanctis collection and the complete series of casts by Pietro Tenerani, a well-known sculpture of the past century.The following works deserve to be mentioned: the Carousel in honor of Christine of Sweden by Filippo Lauri and Filippo Gagliardi; the Feast of the Saracen at Piazza Navona by Andrea Sacchi; St. Camillo de' Lellis by Pierre Subleyras; the Portrait of Pious the Fourth by Pompeo Batoni; the Self-portrait by Antonio Canova; the Baptism of Christ by Francesco Mochi. The collection of the museum comprises the Municipal Cabinet of Prints and the Photographic Archive, they are largerly digital and can be consulted via multimedia stations.
The Museo Barraco consists of a prestigious collection of antique sculpture - art Assyrian, Egyptian, Cypriot, Phoenician, Etruscan, Greek and Roman - that Barraco, rich gentleman from Calabria, donated to the City of Rome in 1904. Baron Barracco had dedicated his life to the collection of artifacts, both by purchasing them on the antiques market recovered from the excavations that the late nineteenth century marked the urban transformation of Rome Capital. To house the collection was built neoclassical palazzo which unfortunately was destroyed during the works for the enlargement of Corso Vittorio. Only in 1948 that the collection could be resettled in the "Farnesina ai Baullari", built in 1516 and designed by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger. Egyptian art is represented from the earliest dynasty (3000 B.C.) to the Roman era. From Mesopotamia come the precious Assyrian slabs, wall ornament palaces of Assurbanipal at Nineveh and Sennacherib at Nirmud, the seventh and sixth century BC. C. A rarity for Italian museums is the section devoted to Cyprus, which are exhibited some rare workmanship objects, such as the multicolored votive cart and the head of Heracles from the VII-VI centuries. to. C. The museum boasts numerous Greek originals, including works that make up a complete picture of the great artist Policleto (V sec. A. C.) and his school. For the Roman art is represented by the head of a boy from the Julian family, elegant example of private portraiture from the early imperial period (first century. D. C.). Finally provincial art is included with three slabs from Palmyra, a caravan city that had its peak in the second century. d. C. It closes with a polychrome mosaic from the first church of San Pietro in Rome, dating back to the twelfth century. d. C.
Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 166
166 Corso Vittorio Emanuele II
The Museo Barraco consists of a prestigious collection of antique sculpture - art Assyrian, Egyptian, Cypriot, Phoenician, Etruscan, Greek and Roman - that Barraco, rich gentleman from Calabria, donated to the City of Rome in 1904. Baron Barracco had dedicated his life to the collection of artifacts, both by purchasing them on the antiques market recovered from the excavations that the late nineteenth century marked the urban transformation of Rome Capital. To house the collection was built neoclassical palazzo which unfortunately was destroyed during the works for the enlargement of Corso Vittorio. Only in 1948 that the collection could be resettled in the "Farnesina ai Baullari", built in 1516 and designed by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger. Egyptian art is represented from the earliest dynasty (3000 B.C.) to the Roman era. From Mesopotamia come the precious Assyrian slabs, wall ornament palaces of Assurbanipal at Nineveh and Sennacherib at Nirmud, the seventh and sixth century BC. C. A rarity for Italian museums is the section devoted to Cyprus, which are exhibited some rare workmanship objects, such as the multicolored votive cart and the head of Heracles from the VII-VI centuries. to. C. The museum boasts numerous Greek originals, including works that make up a complete picture of the great artist Policleto (V sec. A. C.) and his school. For the Roman art is represented by the head of a boy from the Julian family, elegant example of private portraiture from the early imperial period (first century. D. C.). Finally provincial art is included with three slabs from Palmyra, a caravan city that had its peak in the second century. d. C. It closes with a polychrome mosaic from the first church of San Pietro in Rome, dating back to the twelfth century. d. C.
Parks & Nature
That of the Pincio is the historical walk dearest to the Romans, perhaps the most beautiful. From the terrace of the Villa Borghese backs the view of the Piazza del Popolo is breathtaking. The Pincio park was built in the early years of '800, when Rome was invaded by the French. The project, in the neoclassical style, the garden and the Piazza del Popolo is the architect Valadier. It is the first public garden in Rome by Napoleon.
545
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
Villa Borghese
545
lokal ang nagrerekomenda
That of the Pincio is the historical walk dearest to the Romans, perhaps the most beautiful. From the terrace of the Villa Borghese backs the view of the Piazza del Popolo is breathtaking. The Pincio park was built in the early years of '800, when Rome was invaded by the French. The project, in the neoclassical style, the garden and the Piazza del Popolo is the architect Valadier. It is the first public garden in Rome by Napoleon.