Mapogo House at Cheetah Plains
8 bisita · 4 na silid-tulugan · 4 na banyo
Modern architecture meets traditional safari lodging at this Sabi Sands retreat—the most iconic of the South African reserves. Nestled into a verdant landscape, a river winds its way past on one side while dense jungle brush surrounds the other. The property borders the Kruger National Park, where animals are free to follow their migration patterns, and often graze or drink at the water’s edge.
Glass walls and doors on most sides of the villa allow the interior to seamlessly melt into the wilderness beyond; an abundance of natural light illuminates the main living space. Exposed stone and wooden décor stands out against a cement façade and a slate-hued tile floor. Twice daily game drives allow guests the opportunity to come across the Big 5 (lions, leopards, buffalo, rhinos, and elephants) in their natural habitat. However, staying true to its name, cheetahs are the main attraction. Watch as these swift wildcats stalk gazelle through tall blades of grass or rest under the savannah sun. You’ll also come across a high density of alluring, elusive leopards and large herds of other fascinating beasts.
Walking tours invite an eye-level look at various mammals, birds, insects, and vegetation. Feel the crunch of dirt under your hiking boots as you interact with the lush, lively environment. Back at Mapogo House at Cheetah Plains, uncork a bottle of local vintage wine and reminisce about the day’s excursions. All meals are prepared by a private chef and can be enjoyed under a dappled canopy or fireside, depending on the weather.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
SHARED ACCESS TO AMENITIES AT PLAINS HOUSE
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 24
- Wine cellar
- 2 Lounges (formal & entertainment)
- Smart TV
- Swimming pool - heating included
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 24
- Private deck area
STAFF & SERVICES
- Private host
- Chef service - all meals & beverages included
- A selection of vintage South African wines, Cap Classiques, Premium Spirits, beers & non-alcoholic beverages
- Laundry service
- Field guide & tracker
- Twice daily game drives in private Electric Land-Cruiser vehicle
- Walking safaris
- Access to Nikon D850 camera with memory card
- Access to 2 iPhone 10s per suite are preloaded with the Roberts’ bird app, Stuart’s mammal app, an astronomy app and Cheetah Plains host’s contact number
At Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Road transfers from Hoedspruit Airport or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport can be booked directly through Cheetah Plains
- Laundry service
- Spa treatment
- Golf at Skukuza Golf Course
- Daily conservation levies
Points of Interest:
- Located within Sabi Sands Game Reserve
- 435 km to Johannesburg
- 12 km to Arathusa Airstrip
- 98.9 km to Hoedspruit Airport (HDS)
- 113 km to Skukuza Airport (SZK)
- 161 km to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (MQP)
- 491 km to OR Tambo International Airport (JNB)
Mga kaayusan sa tulugan
Mga pambihirang tuluyan kung saan five-star ang lahat
Ang kaibahan ng Airbnb Luxe
Pagpaplano sa buong biyahe
Isasaayos ng mga trip designer ang iyong pagdating, pag-alis, at lahat ng nasa pagitan.
300+ puntong pag-iinspeksyon
Personal na bineberipikang nasa pinakamagandang kondisyon ang bawat tuluyan sa Airbnb Luxe.
Pangangalaga sa biyahe, 24/7
Bukod-tangi at on-demand na tulong para sa anumang tanong, anumang oras.
Mga Pangunahing Pangangailangan
Indoor na fireplace
Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
106 minuto kung magmamaneho
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
172 minuto kung magmamaneho
O.R. Tambo International Airport
371 minuto kung magmamaneho
Mga Interesanteng Lokasyon
157 minuto kung magmamaneho
391 minuto kung magmamaneho
May tanong ka ba tungkol sa tuluyan na ito?
Pagpepresyo at availability
Patakaran sa Pagkansela at Mga Alituntunin sa Tuluyan
Magkansela hanggang 95 araw bago ang iyong biyahe at bayaran lang ang 50% ng kabuuang bayarin sa tuluyan para sa reserbasyon. Magkansela sa loob ng 95 araw bago ang biyahe at hindi na maaaring i-refund ang reserbasyon.